Band Practice is cancelled tonight, Nov. 19th 2014
We Invite you to come visit!
2824 Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps the Cadet Organization Police School (C.O.P.S.) is a free program for youth ages 12-18 who are interested in participating in a variety of fun, challenging and rewarding activities. Cadets are encouraged to become active, responsible members of their communities. They make valuable contributions to Canadian society on a daily basis in terms of environmental, citizenship and community activities. The mission of the Cadet Program is citizenship, leadership, physical fitness and to stimulate an interest in the Canadian Forces. Peel Regional Police Service (PRP) is the official sponsor of the C.O.P.S. program.
Exercise Recon One
- Green and Red Stars (7750 Hurontario Street- Peel Police 22 Division) Marksmanship Training .
- Silver and Gold Stars (180 Derry Road East) Instructional Training.
Timings: Exercise Recon One will run from 9:00am-4:00pm.
Dress: Combats or appropriate civilians if the cadet doesn’t have Combats.
- Lunch will be provided, please indicate any dietary concern via the online permission form.
- Transportation to and from this exercise is by own means.
- Cadets MUST have their health card on their person at all time during this exercise.
Click here for the on-line Permission form.
2015 Summer Training Application
We have decided to continue the use of the online registration process in our continued efforts to stream line the process for parents and cadets.
All of the information for this year is on the 2824 COPS website under Summer Camp Info. Please visit the website and read all of the information carefully.
Please click here for the Army Cadet Summer Training Prerequisites.
The final day to sign up for summer training this year is Mon 26th of Jan 2015 after that the camp form will NOT be accessible! Please register early.
No interviews for Instructor, Basic Cadet, or General Training Courses.
2824 RCAC will conduct interviews for the following Advanced Summer Training nominates:
- Advanced Training – Leadership & Challenge,
- International Exchanges ( MLE, OBW, & OBS),
- Advanced Band,
- CF Basic Para, and
- Staff Cadet.
- have successfully completed a 6 week CSTC,
- CFA min Bronze,
- 16 years old before 01 July 2015,
- Have successfully completed the Gold Star program and/or,
- Pre-Para – must be avail to attend Phase 3 Intake at 8 Wing Trenton 09 March – 11 March 2015, (one day fitness test & one day Airborne Mock-Tower familiarization, crse outline & medical examination).
Prerequisites for Adv & Int Nat Exchanges click here.
Date & Timings are as follow(s):
- Sun 04 Jan 2015
- 180 Derry Road
- Full dress uniform/ Pre Para testing bring PT gear
- 1000 hours – 1200 hours Pre-Para Fitness Test Interviews,
- 1200 hours – Move via own means to Square One YMCA for Fitness test (1.6 Km run max 7:30mins, Sit-ups 31 consecutive, Chin Up 7 consecutive) -Fitness assessor Major D.J. Kennedy.
- 1200 hours – Int Nat Exchanges (MLE, OBW & OBS) &
- 1400 hours – Advanced Trg L&C Interviews, and
- 1500 hours – Staff Cadet
Cadets must contact Captain N.K.Dearing with their Summer Training Course(s) which they would like to be interviewed for NLT 16 Dec 2014.